Selections from the Web:
- Alexandra Samuel: Can Science Fiction Predict the Future of Technology?
- Alison Stine: Class Dismissed
- Corey Robin: Why Has It Taken Us So Long to See Trump’s Weakness?
- Eric Holthaus: I Love Taking Long-Distance Trains. Here’s Why I’m Thrilled Amtrak Might Cut Them Back.
- Eric Levitz: Does Tom Friedman’s Latest Column Prove That Capitalism Was a Mistake?
- John Durham Peters: U Mad?
- Kevin Reuning: The Language of Class
- Laura Portwood-Stacer: Getting Into Arguments
- Mike Jay: I Don’t Understand It at All
Books and Journal Articles:
- Donella H. Meadows, Dennis L. Meadows, Jørgen Randers, and William W. Behrens III: The Limits to Growth (1972) [reread again]
- Perrin Selcer: The Postwar Origins of the Global Environment: How the United Nations Built Spaceship Earth (2018)
Journal Articles and Chapters:
- Jon Agar: “What Happened in the Sixties?,” The British Journal for the History of Science, (2008)
- Everett Mendelsohn: “The Politics of Pessimism: Science and Technology Circa 1968,” Technology, Pessimism, and Postmodernism, (1994)
- Leo Marx: “The Idea of “Technology” and Postmodern Pessimism,” Technology, Pessimism, and Postmodernism, (1994)